Sunday, November 29, 2009

A Successful Thanksgiving

A few of us Americans put on a ward Thanksgiving yesterday and it was a wonderful success. The members of our ward really enjoyed it and I felt like Betty Crocker (or Betty Bossy in Switzerland). I was baking pies all yesterday and the day before and they were gladly devoured last night. The chocolate cream pie was, of course, a huge success, and everyone loved the apple and pumpkin as well. The lemon meringue pie was a new one for almost everyone and was also well loved. One couple told us that, when we invite them over for dinner, I can make lemon meringue pie. I had been feeling a big under appreciated the last couple of weeks (just feeling "poor me"-ish) and the gratitude of the members of the ward made me feel like I would love to do this for them every day! I do love baking, I've mastered the pie crust, and I finally had something to occupy my time. It really felt like Thanksgiving too with the mad schedules, kids running into my legs while I'm balancing steaming hot dishes and perfectly styled pies, and talking, laughter, and dishes galore. I am so grateful this week for my ward and my family. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment