Thursday, December 10, 2009

A House for Christmas

We got our own house for Christmas!

Okay, not really, but we get to house sit for a family we know for the month of December while they go to Australia and we're really excited about it. I love my in-laws, but we really are needing our own space, even if it's just for a little while. The house is in Horw, which is where we would like to move to, and we'll be watching their pets for them: 1 cat, 1 dog, 2 snakes, 2 lizards, 1 turtle, and 1 rat...for now. We're supposed to feed the rat to the snakes (yes, 1 rat, 2 snakes, don't ask me). It seems pretty brutal to me, but I'll do my best. I kind of think snakes are cool, so we'll see.

The cat's name is Maple and she is the cutest cat I have ever seen. She's half Persian, and I don't usually like Persians, but I guess she got the right half. She's got huge owl eyes and reminds me of Puss in Boots from Shrek when he makes his cute face. You'll see what I mean in the pictures.


I'm excited to decorate the house for Christmas and I run and play with the cat for hours, go for walks with the dog, and am trying to shake the feeling that I'm sharing the house with several other people. We're alone! It will be lovely, and we've got a great view. Hope everything is going well for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment